Become an IKT Certified Sewer and Pipe Expert (CSPE)!
Are you looking for professional success as a sewer infrastructure engineer? There is a new opportunity now: through the Certified Sewer and Pipe Expert (CSPE) course. This is an online course produced by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bert Bosseler, one of Germany’s leading wastewater infrastructure experts. For more than 20 years, he has been the Scientific Director of the internationally renowned and respected engineering research institute IKT – Institute for Underground Infrastructure.
IKT’s Scientific Director Prof. Bert Bosseler shares the current state of science and technology on the topic of sewer and pipeline construction in this certificate course, providing comprehensive training at university level.
Ideal for Newcomers
The course is ideal for newcomers to the profession as well as for career changers. It is also just right for professionals who want to bring themselves up to date with the latest technical knowledge and standards.
60 hours of self-study
The course comprises online lectures, plus study materials, resulting in a total study effort of about 60 hours. It is divided into 18 modules comprising textbook learning supported by recorded online lectures. Throughout the course, you can schedule individual online meetings with Prof. Bosseler to discuss your questions with him and receive support, and reassurance.
Certificate from IKT
At the end of the course, Prof. Bosseler will personally conduct an oral exam online with you. If successful, you will receive the course Certificate from IKT documenting what you have accomplished and the knowledge you now have. Then you can use it to support your next career step!
Boost your career – Start the course now!
Book this course today – it is a key decision for your career and for your professional future! You can start the course whenever you are ready – arrange your own personal start date!
What to expect
The course content includes the following modules:
- Open cut construction practice
- Structural performance of pipes (open-cut method)
- Soil and components: Flowable back-fill material
- Soil and components: Reinforced-concrete pipes
- Soil and components: Flexible pipes / Plastic pipes
- Trenchless construction – Overview
- Trenchless construction – Pipe jacking
- Rehabilitation – Objectives and tasks
- Rehabilitation – Replacement
- Rehabilitation – Repair
- Rehabilitation – Renovation
- Structural integrity of liners
- Bonding and surface preparation
- Service-life of sewers and pipelines
- Water tightness testing of sewers and pipelines
- Root resistance of sewers and pipelines
- Heavy rainfall events
Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Bert Bosseler has been Scientific Director of IKT – Institute for Underground Infrastructure for 20 years. He is a visiting lecturer at Leibniz University, Hanover (on underground sewer and pipeline construction) and at the Ruhr University, Bochum (on pipeline maintenance and network management).
His National and international committee work covers:
- ISO TC 224 – Service activities relating to drinking water supply systems and wastewater systems
- ISO TC 224 /WG11 – Stormwater management
- ISO TC 224 /WG15 – Smart water
- ISO TC 224 /WG16 – Climate change
- ISO 268/SC1 – Smart community infrastructures
- ISO 268/SC1/WG6 – Disaster risk reduction
- CEN TC 165 – Wastewater engineering
Professor Bosseler‘s video lectures for all modules are complemented by the following downloadable documents:
- The course textbook
- The slides of all video lectures
- A verbatim transcript of all video lectures
In addition, during all phases of the course you can contact Professor Bosseler directly and arrange individual meetings as a video conference to clarify open questions.
Certified Sewer and Pipeline Expert (CSPE)
Start date? Your choice!
download the flyer
- Iain Naismith
T: +44 (0)7983 605219
- Mirko Salomon
T: +49 (0)209 17806-25